Saturday 20 August 2011

Weeks 8 and 9

Oh dear! Behind again ...

Last week went by in a flash - the first few days filled with producing letters for successful applicants and stuffing them in envelopes (which had already been filled with useful documents, described by one of the new intake on Facebook as 'a massive "do u have a disability/religion/allergy/buy a gown please" pack'. Then on Thursday and Friday we were fielding phonecalls from applicants who hadn't made their offer grades, and their teachers. :(

Anyway, onward and upward!
Week 8, Extra Things: tumblr and posterous
Shortage of time at this point in the summer means that I probably won't venture further than Blogger for blogging at the moment. We have a bookgroup blog on tumblr, so I have participated in that by commenting etc.

Week 9, Thing 16: Flickr
Hurray! Something else I already use! Mainly for my holiday snaps, it must be said, but still - I have an account, and I do use it from time to time. I need to update it for this year - have got Prague photos from March up there, but still haven't done Orkney & Shetland (May).

Week 9, Thing 17: Podcasts
I went to a talk about these at a conference for teachers of English as a foreign language (I used to do this in a former life) and it's something we might consider for our website. Just not right now ...

OK, that's enough for today. Now I only have to worry about the weather: supposed to be going to the open air Shakespeare at King's this evening, and have just noticed that it's started raining. 


No comments:

Post a Comment