Saturday 13 August 2011

Week 7 Things

Thing 12 - bookmarking.
Had a quick look at Delicious: one of its selling points seems to be that you can see other people's favourite websites. Browsing through the top ten on the front page, there was only one that caught my attention (10 things to do if you hate your job - quite sensible suggestions, but as I love my job, scarcely relevant!). Maybe I'm just not very adventurous, but I have a very limited collection of bookmarks, both on my home laptop (BBC messageboards, Trip Advisor, Facebook, my bank and a few time-wasting games) and at work (BBC school league tables, the University undergrad admissions handbook, Student Finance and one or two others). I'm also quite disciplined about getting rid of bookmarks I no longer need, and organising them in folders, so signing up to another tool seems a bit like overkill.

Thing 13 - LibraryThing
Not a librarian, so wouldn't use this for work. I was slightly tempted however, to use it as a reading diary. However, given limited time, I'd rather be reading than listing the books I've read, so - thanks but no thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment