Tuesday 21 June 2011

All systems go!

This is my first blog for Cam23 2.0, although I have already blogged in other places (which may or may not be revealed later in this blog).

As a non-librarian, I feel highly honoured to be able to participate in 23 Things and I'm looking forward to discovering new stuff that I may be able to use in my work in the Admissions Office at Newnham College. We are always on the lookout for new ways to communicate with school students, applicants and offerholders, and as they are probably more experienced users of social media than I am, this may help me to catch up!

This week is full of new systems:

  • this afternoon I was at a 'roadshow' for the new Cambridge Online Preliminary Application - an electronic application form for overseas applicants and those applying for Organ Scholarships and Choral Awards; it will go live next Monday ...
  • tomorrow, Thursday and maybe Friday I'll be taking part in UAT (User Acceptance Testing) for the Interviews module of CamSIS - to be used by Newnham Admissions Office for the first time in the next admissions round, i.e. for 2012 applicants;
  • and 23 Things.
Look forward to reading what everybody else is up to!

1 comment:

  1. "As a non-librarian, I feel highly honoured to be able to participate in 23 Things"

    We're honoured that non-librarians even want to have anything to do with us! ;)

    ReplyDelete